After you’ve let us know when you want to do an orientation, you’re ready to begin your martial arts journey with your first class. You can join the class immediately after your orientation session.
What to Bring
- Clothes you can move in (we have dressing rooms)
- Water bottle
What to Expect
Each class is different but centered around safety, fun, and respect. You might attend a class that contains:
- Stretching: yoga positions, static and dynamic stretches
- Calisthenics: push-ups, sit ups, squats
- Drill: explanation and demonstration then repetition of kicks and punches
- Partner practice: punch and kick targets to develop skills
- Sparring concepts: strategies and techniques when facing an opponent
Quantum embraces the respectful elements of traditional martial arts. We encourage you to ask teachers and students with yellow, green, blue, red, and black belts for clarification or direction.
- Bow when entering or leaving the mat
- Bow to teachers
- Tenets of the martial arts: courtesy, integrity, perseverance, self-control, indomitable spirit
- Keyops, shouting at the completion of a technique